You’ll be responsible for managing all things production, from sourcing the best ingredients to ensuring our modern sour beer is of the highest quality, and everything in between. Leading a team of 3, you’ll be responsible for motivating the team, creating and executing the weekly production schedule and driving the positive company culture we have worked hard for.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team at our new brewery just off the beach in Portobello, Edinburgh.
Reporting to our Operations Director, you’ll work Monday to Friday 8am-4pm initially, we’re moving to a 4-day working week throughout 2021, committing to being a 4-day working week brewery by 2022.
- Leading, creating and executing the weekly production plan to meet wider company requirements
- Managing the production team including training, supervision, driving high food hygiene, health and safety and product quality standards
- Purchasing just-in-time materials in line with the production schedule
- Maintaining a high standard of data recording for Unleashed ERP system, SALSA food hygiene, HACCP and production records
- Working closely with the Mixed Fermentation Brewer to ensure high product quality
- Setting up and managing packaging runs on Meheen M6 bottling line, ABE LinCan 30 and key keg filling
- Using performance and productivity KPIs/metrics to drive departmental improvements
- Creating a preventative maintenance plan for business critical equipment
This will be a developing role as the company grows so an open mind to change and a positive attitude is required!
- Management level experience
- Experience of managing brewery operations and packaging lines
- Strong time management, planning and scheduling skills
- Flexible and creative problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi task
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate the team and maintain a high morale
- Experience working with ERP systems and MS packages
- Experience working with ABE & Meheen packaging lines highly desirable
A full, cleanish, UK driver’s licence is essential.
- Salary - £30k – £35k per year DOE, reviewed annually, increased at a minimum in line with inflation
- Private health care
- 4 day working week – from Jan 2022