Vault City are seeking a new team member to assist with all things sour.
You’ll be involved from start to finish, making our team of six, seven! Assisting with brew days, cellar work, packaging and likely everything else, how’s your pallet building game? You’ll be joining a tightknit team at our new, brewery just off the beach in Portobello, Edinburgh.
Reporting to our Operations Manager and working alongside our brewer you’ll work Monday to Friday 8am-4pm initially, we’re moving to a 4-day working week throughout 2021, committing to being a 4-day working week brewery by 2022.
• Cellar operations - Cleaning vessels, monitoring fermentations, dry hopping, fruiting, yeast cropping, transferring beers, force-carbonation
• Operating the bottling line (Meheen M6)
• Operating the kegging line
• Working towards operating the Brewhouse (Willis)
• Accurate record-keeping across all aspects of production
• Maintaining a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping throughout the production facility
Our festival schedule for 2020 should have been manic, 2021 will hopefully be the same! You’ll be representing Vault City at a number of events around Europe and beyond if required.
Key Competencies and Experience:
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in a brewery, works hard and fits the culture. We’ve started to build an exceptional team of people, who are in it for the long haul.
A full, cleanish, UK driver’s licence is essential.
Salary - £26,690 per annum, reviewed annually, increased at a minimum in line with inflation
Working towards a 4-day working week for everyone at Vault City, phased in through 2021
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply with the subject line 'Assistant Brewer'.